Andy Peloquin–a third culture kid to the core–has loved to read since before he could remember. Sherlock Holmes, the Phantom of the Opera, and Father Brown are just a few of the books that ensnared his imagination as a child.
When he discovered science fiction and fantasy through the pages of writers like Edgar Rice Burroughs, J.R.R Tolkien, and Orson Scott Card, he was immediately hooked and hasn’t looked back since.
Reading—and now writing—is his favorite escape, and it provides him an outlet for his innate creativity. He is an artist; words are his palette.
His website (http://www.andypeloquin.com) is a second home for him, a place where he can post his thoughts and feelings–along with reviews of books he finds laying around the internet.
In His Own Words
What about the person behind the author?
Here’s a few things to know about me:
- I was born to missionary parents and raised in Japan.
- At the age of 14, I traveled to Mexico, and have been traveling around ever since.
- I have never lived in my home country (Canada).
Quite an odd bird, right?
A few more things you might not have known about me:
- I’m an introvert. I’m very social, but in very short spurts. Once I’ve exhausted my “social energy,” I love nothing more than to retreat with a good book, TV show, or comic book.
- I have a high IQ. This means I have a fairly low EQ as a result.
- I have Asperger’s, but a mild case.
All of these things combined have made me an outsider among the people around me. I’ve always been an outcast, a loner, but I feel that has actually helped to make me a better writer.
You see, I’ve struggled to understand people’s thoughts, feelings, and emotions my whole life. In my writing, I’ve made it a point to learn as much as I can about “normal” emotions and reactions. But I’ve come to realize that there is no such thing as normal. Everyone is trying to cope with their own range of feelings, and it’s that “range” that makes us so unique. When I write, I try to give each character their scope of emotions, and that makes the characters individuals that are realistic and enjoyable.
10 Things You Need to Know About Andy
- Hot wings, ALWAYS!
- I never forget a face, but rarely remember a name.
- I’m a head taller than the average person (I’m 6′ 6″)
- Marvel > DC
- I was born in Japan, and lived there until the age of 14.
- Selena Gomez, Skrillex, Simon & Garfunkel, Celine Dion, and Five Finger Death Punch are all in my writing playlist.
- Aliens are real, but it’s self-centered of us to believe that they would come to visit Earth.
- Watching sports: suck. Playing sports: EPIC!
- I earned a purple belt in Karate/Hapkido/Taekwondo.
- I dislike most Christmas music, aside from Trans-Siberian Orchestra.
A Few of Andy’s Favorite Things
Favorite Books: The Gentlemen Bastards by Scott Lynch, The Stormlight Archives by Brandon Sanderson, Sherlock Holmes by A.C. Doyle, Warlord of Mars by E.R. Burroughs
Favorite Songs: Wrong Side of Heaven by Five Finger Death Punch, Prayer by Disturbed, I’m an Albatraoz by AronChupa, Look Down from Les Miserables, Shatter Me by Lindsay Sterling and Lizzi Hale
Favorite Movies: 300, Red Cliff, Shoot Em Up, Love Actually, Princess Bride
Favorite Comics: Anything with Deadpool, Wolverine or Doop in it
Favorite Foods: Hot Wings, Meat-Lover’s Salad, A good sandwich (made by me), Yaki Soba, Sushi
Favorite TV Shows: The Flash, Daredevil, Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D., Hawaii Five-0, Brooklyn 99, Firefly (too soon!), The Last Ship, The Walking Dead, Game of Thrones
Where to find Andy
- Twitter: https://twitter.com/AndyPeloquin
- Facebook (Author Page): https://www.facebook.com/andyqpeloquin
- Google Plus: https://plus.google.com/100885994638914122147/about
- Amazon Author Page: https://www.amazon.com/author/andypeloquin
- Facebook (Personal Page): https://www.facebook.com/andrew.peloquin.1
Pages: 1 2