Made a couple of changes today. One preparatory, two others to this blog.

The preparatory one was obtaining rightthewriter.com domain name. I’ve been writing on this blog for 4 years and basically not protecting my “brand.” Really, I didn’t think of it as much of brand, more like insight (and often time rant) into being a writer and struggling with the dream of becoming a published author. Now that I’m getting closer to that dream becoming a reality, this blog is becoming an important communications tool.  Sure, I’m going to have the Stars of Heros website (and yes, I own starsofheros.com), but that’s for the novel series. This is the voice of the author. I’ve done the same thing with Twitter, one account for me and one account for the series.  More work for me sure, but if I ever turn over responsibility of managing the series accounts over to some one else, I don’t have to worry about losing my personal voice.

The changes to the blog are:

  • New theme. I went with INove because my list of links was getting way too big for the footer!  I also like the size of the font and the simple elegance of the layout.
  • Home page and category pages are now single post pages with links to recent posts on the side. Category pages are category specific and front page is general. There is still the main recent posts page which shows 25 instead of 10 posts.

I’m also trying to write more in this blog. Will see how long that lasts . . . 🙂 I know I need to keep it active and fresh, just so I start building a community and credibility for the series. In that regard, I also have to work on various websites and social media accounts. But I think I’ll take it one step at a time. For now, if I can get more consistent on writing here, while programming and working on the books, I’ll be doing good.